Re: MD Religion of the future.

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 19:47:52 BST

    Hi Mark,

    Thanks for the thoughtful response.

    Yes, I think that the objections to religion, where there are any, are really
    a kind of discomfort
    with the cultural trappings, the rituals of the organization, which are
    designed to keep the power
    hierarchy in place and the mystery intact, rather than to emphasize what you
    nicely refer to as
    the religious insight.

    I see my own DQ experiences, the immediacy of that new song, that moonrise,
    the first whiff of
    new mown lawn, as genuine transcedence not at all unlike "religious insight."
     It's right there,
    mystical, before reason can even be applied. Yeah, I'll buy that.

    Thanks again,
    MarkHeyman

    Hi Mark,
    I agree with your assessment and i like the way you give concrete examples.

    Thank you,
    Mark