Re: MD Faith and rationality

From: August West (augustwestd@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 20:41:54 BST

    Matt,

    your example reminds me of my friends.. they are
    always late.. I have this one friend who always has a
    backpack.. and always has the most ramdom things in
    it..

    that reminds me of a section in ZATAOMM.. Pirsig is
    describing how people have faith in the sun rising and
    setting.. I don't know the page number.. I wish I
    did.. (if anyone knows?).. I think it was after the
    Kant rap.. people have faith in this because the sun
    always rises and sets.. it reoccurs every day

    which brings me back to my friends.. they are always
    late.. so I can take it on faith that I have time to
    take a shower.. do the dishes .. eat.. watch a ball
    game before they arive 2 hours later than they said.

    Faith is that constant reaccuarnace.. which gets taken
    as knowledge...

    I am not a fan of Marx's philosophy..but.. church is
    dope for the masses..

    God is the whole damn thing.. quality, subects and
    objects.. social,biological..organic inorganic..

    how's that for a new religion?

    between your ramblings and my ramblings....
    ...you should see me when I'm drunk..

    thoughts?
    -August

    --- Matthew Poot <mattpoot@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > > It wasn't my intention to evoke another mindless
    > diatribe against one of
    > > > the great thinkers of the 20th century.
    > >
    > > You brought up Chomsky and added an arguable
    > assertion, not me.
    > >

    > let's get ready to

    ruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll