RE: MD quality religion (Christianity)

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 02:44:39 BST

    Wim and all:

    59% of Americans believe in a literal interpretation of the book of
    Revelation. That stat has a nice way of quantifying the problem. Imagine it.
    You live in a country that spends more on the military than the rest of the
    world combined. And in that over-armed nation a MINORITY of the people DON'T
    believe events in Jerusalem will inevitable lead to the end of the world.
    And just as Islamic fundamentalist begin their war in earnest, that same
    nation is being led by a President who frames foreign policy issues in terms
    of good and evil and identifies his own aggressive military policies with
    the divine will. If that isn't a recipie for disaster, I can't imagine what
    is.

    Welcome to my nightmare,
    dmb