Re: MD lure of Dynamic Quality

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 05:30:39 BST

    On 22 May 2004 at 13:47, Joe wrote:
    joe said:
    Pirsig identifies the lure of Dynamic Quality in the Intellect "Ahh
    do it anyway", (‘unfinished’ I call it) and in the Organic "fat man
    or alcoholic" order (‘purpose’ I call it). In another place the
    describes how the intellect cannot control the biological order, but
    the social order can ( I see ‘order’, ‘existence’ in the social
    order).

    msh says:
    I see the unfinished in intellect; I see the order in social; don't
    understand "purpose" at the biological. What do you mean?

    joe said:
    To gravity he attributes a ruthlessness. Dynamic Quality is movement
    to and away from something. I can’t be neutral about it.

    msh:
    I see DQ always as a positive, something always pushing us forward.
    Not sure what you mean by movement away. We either fight gravity or
    succumb to it, so no neutrality. But, IMO, DQ is experienced only
    when we STOP fighting. Whadaya think?

    Thanks,
    Mark Steven Heyman

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983