Re: MD Noam Chomsky

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 23:37:57 BST

    Mark H,

    > Chomsky is saying that the argument "What I do is fine, as long as
    > it's not the worse that's been done" leads to the absurd result that
    > Saddam Hussein could justify his actions by claiming that at least he
    > didn't kill six million jews, like Hitler.

    No one, least of all me, is saying what a few soldiers did to those prisoners
    was "fine." I did say that gouging out someone's eyes is a lot worse than
    standing over a naked man with a shotgun. The former is torture, the latter
    abuse. A 6-year old can tell the difference, but apparently not Chomsky..

    Now have a nice evening.

    Platt