Re: MD Patterns (and consciousness)

From: David Morey (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 20:06:40 BST

    Hi Mark

    I am not sure we should associate time with patterns.
    I see patterns as a snap shot, perhaps an enduring one.
    There is a chair. It stays the same, in that sense it is timeless.
    When process kicks in, when the chair rots away we can experience
    time. Imagine nothing changing at all, would we cease to have time?
    So time perhaps should be linked to patterns breaking down and
    patterns emerging from nothing, and they go back to nothing.
    For example a person dies, the same atoms will be lying in the
    death bed but the capacity to change dynamically will have departed.
    Make any sense?

    regards
    David M