MD selective use of "terrorism"

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 05:30:28 BST

    Dear Adam (and Platt),

    Be glad, Platt has started reading Chomsky! Starting with his 1967 writings
    may not be a bad thing if you really want to understand him... (-;
    It is not that difficult to distill from Platt's posts his answer to your
    repeated question: "Why is killing 3000 civilians in NYC an act of terror,
    while 10000 in Iraq is not". As he is -understandably- not inclined to
    answer himself to someone not showing him much respect, I'll give his answer
    as I understand it: Regardless of numbers, killing those Iraqis defended
    Freedom, i.e. an intellectual pattern of value, against a biological pattern
    of value that threatens Western society.
    Platt and me have been disagreeing ever since 11 Sep 2001 about several
    aspects of this answer, but he DOES have one. Did I understand you
    correctly, Platt?

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim