RE: MD Objectivism and the MOQ

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:41:08 BST

    Hi Paul,

    You wrote:
    > Further to my last mail in which I said about who is pursuing man's
    > highest moral purpose:
    >
    > "....from a Dynamic point of view one may say it is the Big Self, or
    > one's Buddha-nature or look to the meaning of the use of such
    > expressions as 'selfless' when used by artists."
    >
    > Here are some words on the Zen artist from Herrigel's Zen in the Art of
    > Archery:
    >
    > "Sunk without purpose in what he is doing, he is brought face to face
    > with that moment when the work, hovering before him in ideal lines,
    > realizes itself as if of its own accord."
    >
    > "....all right doing is accomplished only in a state of true
    > selflessness, in which the doer cannot be present any longer as
    > 'himself.' Only the spirit is present, a kind of awareness which shows no
    > trace of ego-hood and for that reason ranges without limit through all the
    > distances and depths, with 'eyes that hear and with ears that see.'
    >
    > Thus the teacher lets his pupil voyage onward through himself. But the
    > pupil, with growing receptiveness, lets the teacher bring to view something
    > of which he has often heard but whose reality is only now beginning to
    > become tangible on the basis of his own experiences. It is immaterial what
    > name the teacher gives it, whether indeed he names it at all. The pupil
    > understands him even when he keeps silent."

    I've notice in several of your posts you distinguish between a "Dynamic
    point of view" and a "static point of view. Please explain what you mean
    by Dynamic point of view. Is it the Buddha point of view, the Zen point of
    view, the Big Self point of view, the MOQ point of view, the artist's
    point of view or something else (or all the above)?

    Assuming it is one or all of the above, do you think it's possible to live
    in a constant state of nirvana which appears to be what the Dynamic point
    of view refers to? Seems to me, from a survival point of view intellect
    (reason) must be engaged and used more or less on a daily basis.

    Thanks,
    Platt