Re: MD Classification?

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 14:04:47 BST

    In a message dated 6/21/04 10:37:11 AM GMT Daylight Time,
    saikapila@pune.tcs.co.in writes:

    > Hi
    >
    > I joined this group quite a while back but could not follow the whole
    > discussions.
    > Recently I am struck with a problem and I thought somebody in this group
    > will have an answer to it..
    >
    > Can any body kindly give me an idea as to where to look for an alternative
    > to "Classification" as a way of simplifying things. In other words, is there
    > any known alternative of learning things than thru classifying things into
    > various "boxes"? Without any sort of division whatsoever?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Hemanth

    Hi Hemanth,
    Yes there is - Coherence.
    Coherence is a state of relationship between Static Quality patterns.
    Rather than box 'things' coherence emphasises the value of 'better'
    relationships. The betterness of relationships is placed within the context of the
    MOQ's moral framework of value evolution.
    This approach requires a reorienting of one's own values away from
    Subject/Object metaphysics and towards a metaphysics of Quality. The reorientation must
    be imagined to be complete for any understanding to emerge. I say imagine,
    because what is imagined first becomes static later. (You may also change your
    mind, but at least you have given the MOQ a chance.)

    All the best,
    Mark