Re: MD Maybe biology and religion can explain Mark's Opposition and links?

From: Matt Borland (mjborlan@engmail.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 00:56:54 BST

    Paul Vogel said:

    ....his vile "religious and "social-marxist" political agenda of "White
    Genocide via Miscegenation"

    ----
    wtf? Seriously. Are you just a bitter old man or what? (That's not slander,
    or an attack. In light of your posts in this forum it's a legitimate
    question.)
    Since when is making a legitimate and defensable claim slander? If you don't
    want to answer the question or defend your position then fine, but don't
    play this "I'm taking the high road" game because it's just such a crock and
    I think that that's pretty apparent. You seem to be willing to defend your
    opinion, so quit whining and make an argument instead of feeling disgruntled
    because someone disagrees with you.
    I'm sorry man, but if you walk like a duck and talk like a duck, well then
    you just might be a racist. I'm Canadian, I go to a diverse Canadian
    university. I don't know what your personal experiences with other cultures
    are, but I wish you could see beauty and desire to partake in it without
    caring about something as meaningless as the colour of skin.  I don't even
    know what a "white" culture is. Maybe you can help me out with that. What
    are specific "white" values? I can see that within cultural groups there may
    be a specific race that provides the majority of the population of that
    group, but it seems obvious to me that it's not the colour of skin of the
    majority of participants that defines the culture, it's the common values
    and historical experiences or the "totality of socially transmitted behavior
    patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work
    and thought". What's so important about the tone of your skin that it needs
    to be preserved for the generations to come. Perhaps I'm missing something.
    Maybe you are.
    Also, can you tell me specifically why "cultures and ethnic or racial
    identifications are all both genetically and socially constructed", because
    I just don't buy it. As well what value do you see in the formation of new
    cultures, like a Canadian culture which finds it greatest rewards in the
    fact that it unites so many different kinds of people together.
    Dictionary.com provides the following:
    genocide
    n : systematic killing of a racial or cultural group
    cul·ture
    1. The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs,
    institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.
    2. These patterns, traits, and products considered as the expression of a
    particular period, class, community, or population: Edwardian culture;
    Japanese culture; the culture of poverty.
    3. These patterns, traits, and products considered with respect to a
    particular category, such as a field, subject, or mode of expression:
    religious culture in the Middle Ages; musical culture; oral culture.
    4. The predominating attitudes and behavior that characterize the
    functioning of a group or organization.
    MOQ.ORG  - http://www.moq.org
    Nov '02 Onward  - http://www.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/summary.html