Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise

From: Dan Glover (daneglover@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 20:59:01 BST

    Hello everyone

    >From: "David Morey" <us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk>
    >To: <moq_discuss@moq.org>
    >Subject: Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise
    >Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:25:10 +0100
    >
    >Hi Dan
    >
    >What if you die tomorrow
    >and your daughter becomes the company
    >owner. Why should she benefit from
    >the earning capacity of a company she has,
    >so far, done nothing to bring about?

    Hi David

    My daughter began working with me when she was 9 years old. No, no, I don't
    mean child labor. I mean she liked to go with me on jobs so I brought her
    along when I could. We both enjoyed it a great deal. In high school she was
    able to buy a new pickup truck with the money she earned working for me
    during the summer. When she graduated from NIU she came to work for me full
    time for two years. Later she decided she wanted to start her own business
    which is what she's doing now.

    I think you'll find the same thing happens in many business owner families,
    at least that's been my experience. I would love for my daughter to take
    over the business if I passed away but that's up to her. Whether she
    deserves to benefit from it is beyond my capacity to answer. I just don't
    know.

    Thanks for your comments,

    Dan