MF Defining the Intellectual Level

From: ram (miv1@barak-online.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 21:54:44 BST

Hi Foci,

frankly, I've been feeling uncomfortable with the MOQ's supremacy of the
intelectual level. Somehow the notion seems forced...
Why is it superior to the social level? is it really "better"?
Why does he call it "intellectual"? Is he talking about the Platonic "idea"
or about something else?

We live in the era of science, we inhabit cities of information, we worship
knowledge, cleverness, utility, intelligence. This is the age of explaining.
No wonder RP puts intelligence above all other levels - but could he have
used another term such as "awareness" or "individuality" in its stead? Could
it be a fashion statement?
I'm not quite sure what he meant.

Does he think that the capacity to formulate ideas is HIGHER then the
capacity to create / sustain a social structure? Or is it the individual
being aware of his own awereness that comprises this level?
Does the MOQ favor people with greater intelligence over those with less? do
they have more value?

The more I think about it, the more confused I feel. Perhaps defining this
level "intellectual" is inappropriate and misleading....

Someone, help...

Miv

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org