From: Valence (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 22:07:26 BST
The results of the Call for Votes for May 2005 are shown below.
This month's topic is:
Exploring the subject of individual worth in Pirsig's philosophy, looking at
1) Pirsig's comments in ZMM that there needs to be a replenishing of that
natural resource, and
2) What seems to be the changing evaluation of Socrates from ZMM to Lila,
from being a parvenu developer of dialectic away from rhetoric, into being a
brave contester to establish the independence of the intellectual level from
Sam suggested the topic and so should be putting together a "starter" post.
The voting was as follows:
1 - Sam, Horse, Erin, David
2 - Dan, Mark, James
If you sent in a vote and don't see it reflected above, let me know and I'll
try and figure out what happened. Otherwise, discuss away....
MOQ FOCUS RULES, REMEDIES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1) Members must have read both ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE
MAINTENANCE and LILA.
2) LILA'S CHILD by Dan Glover with annotations by Robert Pirsig is also
3) Members may post only two messages per week (except for topic-question
suggestions, voting, and Opinions).
4) Every post must be relevant to the topic-question.
5) Members must express themselves clearly, concisely and courteously.
6) Members may not use html email nor send attachments.
7) Although there is no strict word-limit on posts, members are asked to try
and keep posts to a reasonable length.
8) The MF moderator reserves the right to block any posts which break these
9) If a member believes his or her post has been unjustly blocked by the
moderator, the moderator's decision may be appealed one time to the full
Committee. The decision of the Steering Committee is final.
10) Posts which are blocked from MF by the moderator should not be posted to
MD without the express permission of the moderator or the Steering
to MD in the absence of such permission could result in action from the
Discussion Facilitators ranging from a gentle warning and reminder of the
forum rulesto permanent removal from one or both lists.
11) (a) "Topic-Hijacking" - Because experience has taught us that allowing
the MF topics to spill over into MD quickly kills the activity on the MF
list, the Steering Committee respectfully requests that members do not carry
MF topics into the MD forum until the MF discussion of the topic is
(b) "Suggestion-Hijacking" - Similarly, it is respectfully requested that
members do not initiate discussions in the MD based on topic-suggestions
offered in the MF by othermembers, which have not yet been voted upon,
without first securing the permission of the member who made the suggestion.
MOQ.ORG - http://www.moq.org
Mail Archive - http://alt.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_focus/
MF Queries - email@example.com
To unsubscribe from moq_focus follow the instructions at:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Tue May 10 2005 - 23:02:17 BST