LS Re: MoQ Paper

Jason Gaedtke (jgaedtke@scitele.com)
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 03:33:48 +0100

Kelly,
Thank you for sharing your Pirsig-Plato paper. I enjoyed it very much.
 One quick question for you... In you bio for the Lila Squad you wrote:

        I found Pirsig's ideas fascinating, if not entirely thought out.

Could you elaborate on this, as you obviously have a strong grasp of this
thought. Also, how has your philosophy degree served you? (I'm
considering graduate work in Metaphysics/AI, and I would happily welcome
any advice that you may have to offer.)

Thanks,
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly Sedinger ÄSMTP:simbaÉeznet.netÅ
Sent: Friday, August 22, 1997 8:18 AM
To: Multiple recipients of
Subject: LS MoQ Paper

Find attached a paper I wrote for a class in Ancient and Medieval
Philosophy four years ago. It compares Plato's formulation of "The Good"
with Pirsig's Quality. There are interesting parallels to be found. The
chief work of Plato that is concerned here is "The Republic", which focuses
on the question "What is just?" This is quite similar to the question that
involves Pirsig: "What is best?" Anyway, thoughts from The Squad would be
appreciated and welcome.

The paper is a Microsoft Word document. Unfortunately I have lost the file
that contained the endnotes, so at some future time I shall have to locate
my hardcopy of the paper and retype them. As I recall, my chief sources for
the paper were "The Republic", both ZMM and "Lila", the Guidebook, and
Father Copleston's History of Philosophy. There were some other tangential
sources which I do not recall offhand; I shall include those when I post
the endnotes.

-K

 << File: MoQ Paper.doc >>

--
post message - mailto:skwokÉspark.net.hk