LS Re: Levels of Quality

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 23:36:24 +0100

Andrew Gaedtke wrote:
\> As far as higher levels of Quality, I think such ideas are pure
> speculation (as if the rest of this isn't, right?). What do we know of
> that is of higher Quality than thought? What could morally usurp an
> idea? DYNAMIC QUALITY

As you said, it's pure speculation. But another candidate for a higher
level would be something like compassion or empathy. Remember Dusenberry
and the Indians. Wasn't that what he was all about? He didn't want to
use intellectual methods to study them. He said you had to live amongst
them and care about them to understand them. Pirsig presents
Dusenberry's methods as being of a higher quality than intellectual
quality. But then he doesn't explore this idea later on in the book.

Diana

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk