LS Ego, bickering, and simplemindedness.

Andrew Gaedtke (agaedtke@newnorth.net)
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 07:40:46 +0100

I've not been monitoring this mailing list for about a week now. When I
finally began to catch up with the rapidly accelerating discussion I was
a bit shocked to find the likes of Bodvar and Diana stifling the
thoughts and contributions of Doug.

First of all, we are looking for opinions. The more diverse
perspectives we can find the better model of something we will build.
To reject a perspective because you feel it infringes on your personal
view is a bit "over-yangish." Worse yet is to reject something (a
certain diagram) because it might seem confusing to some web viewers.
Does this mean we should not allow the dialogues of Plato to be viewed
because some may have trouble understanding (Diana?). Doug's
explanations to his diagram and ideas were very helpful to many of us.
I would hardly call his vernacular "overly technical." This is quantum
physics at its simplest and that is all we need in our setting. I
personally would like to thank Doug for his patient attempts.

...but maybe that's not that issue here. Perhaps egos have gotten in
our way (...or maybe just one Scandinavian ego...).

If I've offended anyone with this post...so be it. You should be
ashamed after the way Doug's situation was handled. I'd be happy to
hear any afterthoughts...

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk