LS Re: MOQ puzzles

Jason Gaedtke (jgaedtke@scitele.com)
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 18:24:43 +0100

Anders:
Yes, I was referring to the EPR paradox or delayed choice experiments.
 Such phenomena (seemingly unique to the microworld) were the original
impetus for our quantum-level debate. It seems that a sort of consensus
has been reached in which these phenomena have been acknowledged yet
still
referred to under the broad classification of the Inorganic Level.

If you would like to offer further comment on your understanding of the
ERP
paradox, I would love to listen...

Regards,
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Nielsen [SMTP:joshu@diku.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 1997 8:16 PM
To: Multiple recipients of
Subject: LS Re: MOQ puzzles

Im not sure what you mean by EPR effect? (I know an EPR paradox :-) ..)

you mean like the delayed choice experiments?

Generally I'll say that there are no macroworld examples of any of the
pecularities of Quantum Physics...An attempt at defining Macroworld
as "that which we can percieve using our normal senses possibly using
any
kind of lense"
(that is including normal microscope, but not including
electron-microscopes)

And that is about down to bacteries, which is too far from plancks
constant
for there to be anything wierd happening.

- Anders Nielsen, joshu@diku.dk
Student at Dept. of Computer Science,
University of Copenhagen.

--