LS Re: Senses

Magnus Berg (MagnusB@DataVis.se)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 03:09:26 +0100

Diana wrote:
>The precise quote is:
>"In the third box are the biological patterns: senses of touch, sight,
>hearing, smell and taste"
>
>The colon implies that the senses are examples of biological patterns.
>So I wouldn't necessarily say that biological patterns are limited to
>the senses, but I would definitely say that the senses *are* biological
>patterns of value. Everything is value and the senses are obviously
>biological phenomena so I see no reason why not.

Yeah... I'm starting to get a grip on this level, I think... Patterns of
the organic level values sensory input and the result is a reaction.
Or, the neural signal for pain values the precondition physical
violence.
The other way would be, the contraction of a muscle values the
precondition of that particular neural signal. Those neural signals
are the language with which our body society controls the organs.
It is also the language on which our intellectual patterns are built.

As usual I'm trying to apply my new "insights" on a very basic and
measurable level. I have a feeling some of you have doubts just
because my view, or rather my examples, of the levels *are* so
measurable, so visible to "the mind's eye". But I don't think you
should stamp SOM on it just because it is measurable, or?

        Magnus

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk