LS Re: Senses

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 03:42:47 +0100

Magnus Berg wrote:

> Yeah... I'm starting to get a grip on this level, I think... Patterns of
> the organic level values sensory input and the result is a reaction.
> Or, the neural signal for pain values the precondition physical
> violence.
> The other way would be, the contraction of a muscle values the
> precondition of that particular neural signal. Those neural signals
> are the language with which our body society controls the organs.
> It is also the language on which our intellectual patterns are built.

No, the intellectual patterns are built on the values that hold together
human society. Muscle contractions and neural signals are biological
value.

> As usual I'm trying to apply my new "insights" on a very basic and
> measurable level. I have a feeling some of you have doubts just
> because my view, or rather my examples, of the levels *are* so
> measurable, so visible to "the mind's eye".

Sorry Magnus but I have doubts about your view because I cannot see how
it explains reality better than Pirsig's. If you throw away Pirsig's
definitions of inorganic, biological, social and intellecutal value, you
throw away his entire MoQ. And what do you replace it with?

Diana

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk