LS Re: Senses

Magnus Berg (MagnusB@DataVis.se)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:12:23 +0100

Diana wrote:
>No, the intellectual patterns are built on the values that hold together
>human society. Muscle contractions and neural signals are biological
>value.

Magnus:
Both are language, ways of communication on different scales.

>Diana wote:
>Sorry Magnus but I have doubts about your view because I cannot see how
>it explains reality better than Pirsig's. If you throw away Pirsig's
>definitions of inorganic, biological, social and intellecutal value, you
>throw away his entire MoQ. And what do you replace it with?

Magnus:
Is *that* what you think? Don't you see I'm not throwing anything away?
I'm just applying it on a different scale. And I don't think Pirsig
really
defined the levels anywhere, he gave examples but that's not
definitions.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk