LS FAQ

Magnus Berg (qmgb@bull.se)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:36:26 +0100

Hi Squad!

Recent posts on the Lila Squad have revealed that
some of us wants to nail down definitions of the four
levels, while some of us don't. That's perfectly
natural and nobody should be surprised about this.

Ok then, let's take one step back and see what we
can agree on and make this a FAQ-list. (For net-
beginners, a FAQ is a list of Frequently Asked
Questions). This list could be useful both for new
members wanting a briefing on what we're doing, but
maybe mostly to get a common base of reference for
all of us.

I know you, Diana, wrote on the site that the
discussions on the Lila Squad required that you
have read both ZMM and Lila, and that shouldn't
change. Some new members have asked rather basic
questions that we've already discussed and although
it is nice to hear a question asked in a little
different way and maybe see another way of answering
it, a FAQ would filter a little of the "noice" out.

But as I said, the main point with the FAQ would be
to get a common base of reference.

(Just as I wrote this, Maggie asked what SOM meant.
Another term we use here that everybody assumes
everybody else knows. Maggie, SOM stands for
Subject Object Metaphysics as "opposed" to MoQ,
the Metaphysics of Quality)

Maybe that hardest part of a FAQ-list is the
administration of it. Who decides what gets in
there? Does everyone have veto rights? etc.
In the end, maybe we will just agree that we
can't agree on anything, let's prevent that.

Thoughts?

        Magnus

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk