LS AI and the latest issue of Science.

Doug Renselle (renselle@on-net.net)
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 04:13:30 +0100

Lila Squad,

Several of you express interest in AI often.

I am unsure this is apropos, but those of you who want to know more
about the latest breaking technology should see the 26Sep97 issue of
Science magazine.

Starting on page 1931 and running through page 1936 are a series of
almost unbelievable articles. The titles and subtitles I list below to
pique your interest:

&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&
[Science Magazine] SPECIAL NEWS REPORT - Silicon Mimics Life

Computer Design Meets Darwin, pp. 1931-2.
'RoboCup' Soccer Match Is a Challenge for Rookies, p. 1933.
Why Can't a Computer Be More Like a Brain? P. 1934.
A Subtler Silicon Cell for Neural Networks, p. 1935.
After 50 Years, Self-Replicating Silicon, p. 1936.

These articles nearly took my breath away. This is so exciting. It
leaves me simply incredulous. But it is real.

I hope this is not a misuse of TLS' site. If it is, tell me. I can get
individual email addresses of those who want to know of things like this
in the future.

Doug.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk