LS Senses

Platt Holden (pholden@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 03:49:51 +0100

Magnus,

In your post of Sep. 30 you asked: "What can intellectual patterns directly
value?"

The purpose of intellect is to relate perceptions into patterns of meaning
so one can act to improve his chances of survival. The intellect's highest
value is truth. Towards that end it values clarity and coherence.

You also asked: "What types of Quality events are the origins of
intellectual patterns?"

Intellectual patterns originated when DQ inspired the first man to point to
a wild boar and yell, "Dinner" and the first woman to put berries, roots
and chunks of boar meat together and say, "Food." From there it took off
reveling in its new-found freedom to abstract from the particular and is
now trying to create clones of itself (silicon or otherwise) so it can
defeat death and ultimately manipulate and control all patterns in the
universe. Of course, it risks going up in flames in the effort.

I hope these answers come within striking range of your questions. If I'm
off target, please let me know.

Platt

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk