LS Re: Artificial Intelligence.

Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@ifi.uio.no)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 05:26:02 +0100

* Doug Renselle
ö To me, in order for
ö a third party to distinguish these two hypothetical SPoV aggregates, the
ö third party would have an insoluble problem knowing when to STOP asking
ö questions. If they were equal, you would never find a contradiction.
ö If they were not equal, you still would not know when to STOP, assuming
ö you never arrived at a contradiction, even if they aren't equal.

This is a rather elegant criticism of the test, Doug, I liked it. I
think what you write is correct, but it still doesn't mean that the
test can't work. The probability that both parties would answer the
same even once is infinitesimal. The probability that they would do
it say 50 times is for all practical purposes zero.

I consider the rest of your post irrelevant to the question at hand,
so I won't respond to it.