LS AI and MoQ

Gene Kofman (its@icanect.net)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 05:03:58 +0100

Anders wrote:
>All this is still a matter of faith (I believe AI is possible, others
>don't) as noone has given any constructive recipes of AI-programs, but on
>the other hand I don't think it's fair to say that you've proven that AI
is
>impossible.

I also tend to think that neural networks and fuzzy logic will make AI
possible. May be not of Bohr's level, but of a librarian or an airline
pilot type, meaning task specific. I just don't see how the possibility of
AI discussion affects MoQ. If people create AI, it will be based on all
human social patterns, otherwise humans would not call it intelligent. and,
if the future society of robots decides to discard all life/biology on
Earth, they will just loose one of the levels. Amended MoQ will still be
useful to them as an explanation of their reality. They will still be
thankful to once necessary bio as a facilitator of social and intellectual
levels.

Sorry, for changing the subject.
Gene.

--