LS Re: The four levels

Gene Kofman (its@icanect.net)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:40:13 +0100

Doug wrote:
> My point to Pirsig and to my fellow TLS mates (this paradox is not new,
> I did not originate it, countless others have used this example - except
> I have not seen anyone else solve it the way I am about to show you - if
> you know of another person who has already done this, please share) is
> that MoQ and QM and the concept of many truths eliminates the paradox.

There is something similar in fuzzy logic where each truth is true to some
degree. Most useless ones are 100% true (when it's raining water comes down
from the skyes), but really interesting truths always depend on the context
(to borrow Doug's terminology). Fuzzy logic theory is very well developed
(Lofti Zadeh, Bart Kosko) and it is conducive to silicon implementation.
Expert systems we program now are based on fuzzy logic as opposed to the IF
.. THEN ... ELSE rule trees.

Gene.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk