LS Re: Intelligence vs Intellect.

james.mccabe (james@oranda.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:01:02 +0100

Magnus Berg wrote:

> Doug Renselle wrote:
> > To me there are three glaring examples in 'Lila' of the social level
>
> > being aware of the intellectual level:

> > I see these as examples of a lower level keenly aware of a higher
> level.
>
> So it would seem, but it takes a human to intellectually realize the
> danger to the society and then act on it, either alone or make the
> society act.

I think an institution can make decisions and act on them without any
particular individual in this society fully understanding or controlling
what is going on. As you yourself point out the whole is greater than
the sum of the parts (in fact I have noticed that you seem to consider
the social level chiefly in these very general terms).

> I should "confess" though, that one reason I started my
> reorginazation of what things belongs to what level, comes
> from the assumption that lower levels are not aware of higher
> levels but considers this mediation as DQ.

A level resists higher levels because it is unable to distinguish it
from lower levels. For instance, the social level resists the
intellectual level because it is unable to distinguish freedom of
expression from vice.

James.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk