LS Re: Sv: Intelligence vs Intellect.

Doug Renselle (renselle@on-net.net)
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 06:30:34 +0100

Hi Anders and TLS,

Anders Nielsen wrote:

> > (Doug wrote:) To me there are three glaring examples in 'Lila' of the social level
> > being aware of the intellectual level:
> >
> > 1. Pirsig's extended discussion on the battle between the Zuni
> priests
> > and the brujo. The social immune system was 'aware' of the new
> > intellectual pattern threat to their control by the brujo's new
> ideas.
>
> Wasn't this more a case of resistance to influence by Dynamic Quality?
> (the
> whole latching idea).

Anders,

Yes, but the consuming, provocative meme of the MoQ is the architecture
of morality and correct application of hierarchical moral codes.

In SOM-land the social level resists any DQ which is rationally against
the current patterns of tradition. As a result the SOM-landers are
incapabable of correct moral judgment when DQ uses a higher level to
impose 'better' changes on that tradition.

In MoQ-land the problem is fixed. The four SQ levels and the five moral
codes tell MoQ-landers which DQ QEs at which levels to adhere/inhere and
which to reject.

Am I wrong, or are we really making progress now?

Mtty Anders,

Doug Renselle.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk