LS Re: Quality Event

Anders Nielsen (joshu@diku.dk)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:32:51 +0100

[...]

> The Quality Event (QE) is the point at which....
>
> Static and Dynamic Quality interact. ???????
> OR
> or static patterns of value interact with other levels or DQ????????
>
> Which is it?

Well...good question..one for the FAQ even. Here's what I think:

I don't think it's either where "Static and Dynamic Quality interact" or
"[where] static patterns of value interact with other levels.."

It's rather where Quality is created! (in a sense)

When you experience things in the world quality is created, because (to
describe it in a SOM-way) you experience something, and that is the Quality
event.

It's the difference between an electron being in a superposition of many
states, and having a definite state. You measure it, and it get's it's
definite state.

This opens the door for the thought that there is a world outside Quality
(or rather before), but we cannot know anything about this world because
our access to it goes through experiencing (Quality).

I'll end this stray-thought with a quotation from SODV:

"In the Metaphysics of Quality the world is composed of three things: mind,
matter and Quality. Because something is not located in the object does not
mean that it has to be located in your mind. Quality cannot be
independently derived from either mind or matter. But it can be derived
from the relationship of mind and matter with each other.Quality occurs at
the point at which subject and object meet. Quality is not a thing. It is
an event. It is the event at which the subject becomes aware of the object.
And because without objects there can be no subject, quality is the event
at which awareness of both subjects and objects is made possible. Quality
is not just the result of a collision between subject and object. The very
existence of subject and object themselves is deduced from the Quality
event.The quality event is the cause of the subjects and objects, which are
then mistakenly presumed to be the cause of the Quality!"

dixi!

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk