LS MoQ-Land

Platt Holden (pholden@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:19:42 +0100

Hi LS:

Ever since Doug introduced the idea of MoQ-Land I've wondered how one can
tell when he or she is in that land rather than SOM-Land. Here are some
signs that I think mark MoQ-Land.

You know you're in MoQ-Land:

When you go fishing.
When you cringe at jargon.
When you visit an art gallery.
When you say, "'That's class."
When you read a story to a child.
When you go with your gut instinct.
When you have a feeling of coming home.
When you look for underlying assumptions.
When you hear a jazz performer improvise.
When you deliberately seek a break from routine.
When your attitude is "There must be a better way."
When you talk more about patterns than about things.
When you consider doing nothing to be a viable option.
When you ponder the difference between a jelly glass and fine crystal.
When you identify a commentator who calls something "outrageous" as an
armchair moralist.
When you see a butterfly and think, "There's a nice biological value
pattern."
When you realize that another person is running the same "Me" program as
you are which doesn't belong to either of you.

By no means is this list exhaustive. I hope you'll add, delete, edit and
otherwise contribute your own ideas.

Platt

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk