LS Re: FAQ - Metaphysics and all that

Dave Thomas (dlt44@ipa.net)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:14:27 +0100

Maggie

I don't want to you to think I'm picking on you in this case it just your post
is the most recent in which I have seen a comment like this:

> None of this is "conscious". No intellectual patterns exist at this point.
> But the patterns are not innate, either.

My question is: How do we know this? And I think somewhere Pirsig mentions
something about this. We all tend to think that these philosophical or
intellectual process emerged about the time we started writing things down be
cause we have some archeological artifacts. But with as little as we currently
know about the mind; How can we say that intellect did not happen very close
to the time of socialization?

Since you seem to be the resident expert in the social area thought you could
read my the chapter and verse.

Dave

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk