LS Re: FAQ-Metaphysics and all that

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:22:51 +0100

Platt Holden wrote:

> Since the term subject-object thinking has stirred up such a storm of
> discussion, perhaps it's better to take it out of the FAQ and simply say
> "thinking."

How about "reason".

"Intellectual value is reason and that which propagates reason"

I find "Thinking" too vague. It could be interpreted as anything that
goes on at the level of the brain and that isn't right.

"Reason" is only a tiny step away from "thought" but it implies more of
a value judgement. For example you can say the MoQ is reason and the
Subject-Object Metaphysics (SOM) is reason, but the MoQ is more reasoned
than the SOM. I guess you could also say, "the MoQ is better thought
than the SOM" but then there's no indication of what makes it better.

Diana

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk