LS Re: Lila Squad Forum writings

Dave Thomas (dlt44@ipa.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:51:43 +0100

Bodvar

Thanks for your kind words and clear thoughts. On that my online discussions
could be so clear but as I have said before extemporaneous writing is not one
of my fluent skills. Yes the piece is in rough form but I have cleaned it up
hope for a little technical help from someone to ease Diana's load of Website
creation & management.

I just upgraded to 4.01 version of Netscape Communicator which has a from what
I've read a rudamentary page composer. I downloaded TLS article forum page and
used it as the default format page. Then I pasted and formatted the revised
article on it. Is that the right way to do it and if it is what do I do now?

Another reason I asking about the technical aspects is that I am currently
working essay that I hope will as Bodvar suggested "rounded it off a little
more firmly". It is based on again on the work of lay-philosophers two
somewhat well known and published architects Christopher Alexander and Charles
Jenck. The problem is that to clearly weave the concepts of
Pirsig,Alexander,and Jenck I have developed some graphics. First, I know that
web graphics take up considerable more space and load more slowly than pure
text sites. Second even if Diana wishes to included it on the site and cannot
dump that much work on her even if she were to offer. And third even if she
decides affirmatively to include it on the site I will need TLS feedback on
content and a few technical tips to pull it off. Martin Striz has an extremely
rough draft of the concept and I'm awaiting his comments, Diana's, and the
rest of the Squad about it possible inclusion on the site.

Value your good thoughts

Dave

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk