LS Re: The Self (was Catechism or FaQ)

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 19:44:11 +0100

SSrinivasan@eri.eqt.com wrote:

> When the observer becomes the observed isn't there only observation ?
> Isn't that that goal of Quality at all levels ?

Hi Ravi, welcome to the Lila Squad

I think that probably is the answer ultimately, but the path between the
question and the answer needs to be spelled out. I'm afraid I'm going to
need a little more convincing before I factor my own identity out of
existence.

My current explanation of a human in terms of the MoQ is this:

"People are cohesions of changing static patterns of value. Humans are
Inorganic value because the body is composed of matter. Living humans
are biological value because of the very fact that they are alive.
Humans are Social value to the extent that their community determines
their behaviour. Humans are Intellectual value to the extent that reason
dominates their behaviour."

You could say that as humans we have four different selves. Yet there
must also be one Self integrating the four. Bodvar says that the answer
is "Quality!" As the MoQ says that everything is Quality that's a pretty
safe bet. But we need to know what kind of quality and how does it
relate to the four levels.

Diana

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk