LS Re: another question

Hugo Fjelsted Alroe (alroe@vip.cybercity.dk)
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:22:07 +0100

Ken:
> I would be interested in your interpretation of how human sentience fits
>into this picture. I have a little trouble with it myself.
> I think that the picture of the interdependence of groups of organisms in
>the biological level is a beautiful picture of mutually interdependent
>benefit although admittedly hard on some of the individuals. If we wanted
>to stretch a point we could consider disease organisms from the biological
>levels as being beneficial to humans as a group. Ken

Yes, I do recognize this point, and I am not at all clear on this my self.
I dont know if we can consider disease organism straight out benificial to
humankind, but they are part of a stable relationship which we cannot get
rid of. I am in fact worried that our efforts toward civilisation has made
us vulnerable by changing this relationship in ways we have not been
sufficient aware of. Despite the commercialization of the idea, disease
organism seems to have benefitted immensely in terms of world-wide
spreading from our present way of life, - and our limited powers of medical
defence is becoming evident. But perhaps we should not discuss such
depressing topics.

Hugo

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com