LS Re: Bodvar and God

Bodvar Skutvik (skutvik@online.no)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:53:55 +0100

Thu.11 Dec. Dave (>) wrote to Ken (>>)

> > from time to time that serve to augment or alter our conception of the
> > human condition as we, individually, understand it at that moment by way of
> > our Static Quality construct. We can even get input to our static quality
> > construct from other people or from observation, or from other sources, a
> > Juke Box in a bar for instance.
>
> This leads me to a point that always been a confusing for me and I have
> not
> been able to find anything that clearly points the way in Pirsig's
> writing.
>
> I have a static pattern which is me and you a likewise are static
> pattern. Now
> our static patterns interact though discourse such as this. Let's say
> that
> because of this both our static patterns change slightly. Is this a
> Quality
> Event? Is it a conversion of Dynamic to Static? Or is it just a transfer
> of
> static patterns? And if so where do we draw the line between a static
> quality
> event and a dynamic qualtiy event?
>
> Dave

It may be picking nits, but your .."I have a static
pattern..." sounds as if human beings HAVE one set of quality
patterns. As I see it humans are assemblies of four static pattern
levels, but what interact - in this our LS activity - are the
intellects (perhaps something trickles down to the social "floor").
To "change one's mind" it is a dynamic quality event even if
it is a transfer of already established static patterns (I'd like to
keep the uppercase QE in reserve for the really great insights). I
don't think one can speak about STATIC quality events at all.

Bo

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com