LS Re: Bodvar and God

Doug Renselle (renselle@on-net.net)
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:39:36 +0100

Magnus Berg wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> > My bottom line question about MoQ that I cannot yet resolve yet
> though I
> > believe it is of paramount importance to the adoption of MoQ, though
> I don't
> > know why, is this? If I die, or all humans die, what does MoQ say
> about what's
> > left? Is there anything or is there nothing? In a reponse to my
> recent post on
> > quantum theory it was suggested this question in QT context was a Mu
> or
> > meaningless question. But for me this is an essential question that
> any
> > metaphysics and it is one the SoM has been struggling with forever.
> Any ideas?
>
> I think the answer lies in the confusion about what is considered to
> be
> valid observer. For example, Schrödinger's cat as described in
> "The Mind's I" (Thanks for the tip Doug) does not consider the cat to
> be a valid observer, since it might be dead. In the SOM world, the
> subject
> is mostly the part of the QE that "has the mind", i.e. a live cat or a
> human. This leads to the assumption that the cat must be in a super-
> position of live/dead until a valid subject observes it.
>
> But in MoQ, both parts of the QE are subjects from its point of view.
> I think that quantum theory needs to acknowledge this. Sometimes, the
> instrument used to observe is considered to be a valid subject. At
> other times, there seems to be a need for a more valid observer.
> All SPoVs are valid observers!

Magnus,

You make us proud!!! What a breakthrough! What insight!

Your conclusion is (in my view) correct. If you read all of the quantum
material on this subject, the underlying assumption is always a SOM
assumption that there is a Subject and an Object. In actuality all
quantum systems are: quantum systems. Therefore a quantum system being
observed is a quantum system observing the observer. Thus, just as MoQ
predicted: we have co-observation.

To me this is evidence that the quantum-connections are fact. We are
all quantum-connected!

Magnus what you have found is PROFOUND! You have my personal
admiration, and I hope that of TLS. I cannot tell you how large a QE
this is for me. Much as large as the one's Bo has shared, I am sure.

WOW MOM WOW MOM WOW!!!

Way to go!

Abundantly more truths to you, Magnus,

Doug Renselle.

PS I was not going to write anymore this year, but this was just too BIG
to resist. :) :) :)

--
" But quantum theory has destroyed the idea that only properties located
in external physical objects have reality."

Robert M. Pirsig, page 14 in his paper "Subjects, Objects, Data and Values," presented at the Einstein Meets Magritte conference, Fall 1995.

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com