LS Re: To define or not to define revisited

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:47:18 +0100

Hi Doug

Doug Renselle wrote:

Diana wrote:
> > 1. Quality is reality. Quality is the ethical principle of the Good.
> > Thus reality is a moral order. Quality, like reality, is known to us
> > as awareness. As such it is impossible to define.

Doug:
> As devil's advocate though, how do you define awareness?

I don't define awareness. I say that awareness is impossible to define.

Diana:
> > The Metaphysics of Quality
> > 2. The MoQ is the intellectual path to enlightenment. It is the nature
> > of the intellect to define things. Thus the purpose of the MoQ is to
> > define reality. The MoQ pursues the intellect so that the intellect
> > may be transcended.

Doug:
> Also, is it "the" path, or "an intellectual path?"

I'm not aware of any other intellectual paths but it's possible that
there are, so it should be "an"

Doug:
>Quality is intrinsically uncertain and certain - that's its nature.

Can you quote anything from Lila to support this?

Diana

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com