LS Re: Principles - Update

Hettinger (hettingr@iglou.com)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:53:48 +0100

Hi Magnus and Doug and everybody.

> If the DQ in your question is "the possibility of change" then I'd
> say mu, that is always moral.

Is DQ "something" that life and everything is directed towards, (perhaps
beyond our comprehension, but still having some property that can be
considered analagous to direction)?

Or is DQ the creation of space or protection of a "place" where randomness
can occur--randomness that can cause new events, reactions, patterns or other
static "stuff"? After the fact, the new patterns, the stuff, would then be
"evaluated" by evolution, ie survival or not.

In some ways these two views seem very different, yet this might be a
difference that makes no difference.

:-)

Maggie

--