LS Re: Catches

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 09:39:33 +0100

Platt Holden wrote:

> Hi Diana,
>
> Diana wrote:
> >
> > Platt, Doug,
> >
> > Some advice:
> >
> > If it ain't simple, it ain't the MoQ
>
> Good advice But as we discovered in thrashing out the Principles, trying
> to attain simplicity often requires a great deal of preliminary complexity.

Sure, that's why I waited till you'd reached your conclusion. Had you
reached an elegant solution then the prelimary complexity would have
been justified. However you reached an ungainly solution, that's what I
object to.

Also, the fact that we are all coming from different backgrounds makes
it even more imperative that everything is as clear as possible. That
means taking one step at a time. Using everyday language. Stopping to
make sure everyone understands before going forward. Backing up
everything you say with reason and evidence. Is that really too much to
ask?

Diana

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com