LS Re: Morality

Magnus Berg (qmgb@bull.se)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:17:00 +0100

Hi Richard

You said:

> It strikes me that it is silly to say that for a lower level to overrule a
> higher is always IMMORAL; morality is an INTELLECTUAL concept.

Isn't this kind of morality you're talking about SOM morality? MoQ
morality
is the ground stuff of reality, it's not just intellectual. This mix-up
could
be the cause of your frustration about the scientists you mentioned.
They equal betterness with "the ability to outlive us". That's the only
rational way to decide betterness. But we have other means.

        Magnus

--
"I'm so full of what is right, I can't see what is good"
                                N. Peart - Rush