LS Re: Whitehead & Pirsig

Ant McWatt (ant11@liverpool.ac.uk)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:37:19 +0100

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:05:30 +0000 (GMT) Ant McWatt
<ant11@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:

> Donny,
>
> You also mention "Process Philosophy" in an earlier
> e-mail...
>
> > Something else that might interest you is "Process
> > Philosophy." I don't know much about it (maybe Anthony
> > might?), but the bottom line is that what really exists
> > is not a thing but a process, the universe is
> > flux, a movement (presumably towards something). I
> > believe Alfred North Whitehead is the big guy in this
> > camp (this -ism).

I`m telling Ken to wake-up and maybe I should myself. The
ONLY post-graduate dissertation I`ve heard about (if anyone
else has heard of others please tell me) that deals with
LILA (as opposed to ZMM) is one comparing Whitehead with
Pirsig. Donny, the details are as follows:

 Order No: AAC MM06967 ProQuest - Dissertation Abstracts
 Title: A PROCESS ANALYSIS OF QUALITY: A. N.
              WHITEHEAD AND R.PIRSIG ON EXISTENCE AND VALUE
              (ALFRED NORTH WHITEHEAD,ROBERT PIRSIG)