LS Re: bio

Doug Renselle (renselle@on-net.net)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:13:41 +0100

Kevin,

In your first four, excellent posts, I could not distinguish your
youth. I think those of us in TLS will all affirm there is no age or
any other kind of bias here.

Your posts are fresh, clean, pure. They seem free of legacy baggage.

The brevity and efficiency of your messages puts the more verbose of us,
especially me, to shame.

We look forward to further enlightening words from you, Kevin.

Mtty,

Doug Renselle.

--
Kevin Sanchez wrote:

> My name is Kevin Sanchez. I am 16 years old and hope you can forgive
> my
> youth. Three writings and one thought lead me to Pirsig's philosophy.
> The
> three writings were: William James's The Varieties of Religious
> Experience,
> Henry David Thoreau's Walden, and Aleister Crowley's Yoga for Yahoos.
> (Synchronistically, some of the only books mentioned in ZMM and Lila.)
> The
> thought started with a problem.  I couldn't fathom where the
> properities
> were when someone looked at a book. Books have certain properties:
> weight,
> form, color, texture, good reading, etc. These properties weren't in
> the
> book, because different people gave different accounts of it. They
> weren't
> in the mind of the observer, because  s/he couldn't experience the
> properities without the book being present at some time. The
> properties
> came due to a union between them. But my small mind couldn't put this
> revelation into context of a metaphysical paradigm. That is, until I
> read
> ZMM. All I had to do was replace properties with Quality and realize
> that
> the relationship between the seer and seen was Quality itself. Eureka!
> Luckily, I wasn't in a public bath when I read ZMM.    : - )  As for a
> bio,
> I have yet to really live. I am a bibliophile who longs for new
> experiences
> and paradigms which could bring wisdom.
>
> --
> post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com

The complementary view of truth is many truths which are contextual, and
by being contextual they leave room for the good to rule.  It is not
objectivism, which has no place for the good, and it is not relativism,
which has no place for truth.

By Hugo Fjelsted Alroe in his email to The Lila Squad on 11 March 1998, 17:44 titled, "LS Re: Rambling on intellect and life."

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com