LS Re: News

Diana McPartlin (diana@asiantravel.com)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 05:40:54 +0100

Hi Richard and squad

> Richard McNeill Douglas.
>
> Diana, do you have a schedule for world domination?

Actually I have my sights set on the universe but the world will do for
starters:-)

> Are you going to allot
> us jobs?

Not allot, but if it seems that you are the best person to do something
then I might ask you.

 Have you any ideas about the next stage or stages, in the mid to
> long term, about how we spread the word?

Yes, but mostly it involves moving on to a better web site, getting a
more sophisticated list server, finding ways to archive posts and so on.
I'd rather not clog up the mailing list with stuff like that, hence the
need for a separate steering committee.

 I think a while back you mentioned
> how you felt we would need to prepare a series of academic studies of
> Pirsig's work, so as to gain academic credibility.

Actually I said that if you wanted the MoQ to be taken seriously by
academics then it would have to be presented in an academic way. ie in
essays published in academic journals. But I think that's self-evident.

 What would really change things
> would be if some one amongst us could come up with some breakthrough in the
> world of physics . . . Well, come on folks, philosophy pulls rank on science
> . . . Think about the pre-Socratics . . . Think about beautiful solutions .
> . . What say we open something of a Crank's Forum and put forward some
> (brief) amateur musings on grand scientific problems?

Sure, good idea. Philosophy is (or at least it ought to be) the
discipline that unites all other disciplines. Physics is as good a place
to start as any.

Diana

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com