LS Re: Higher vs. lower level (Was: ???????)

Magnus Berg (qmgb@bull.se)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:19:46 +0100

Hi Kevin and Squad

> 1. Why don't the Nazi have place in the intellectual level? You seem only
> to want to include the good thoughts, but the bad ideology of the Nazi's
> also must be given room. They justified their killings with a system of
> intellectual ideas. You call this merely "intellectual's tools in the
> service of a lower level" but they thought they were serving Dynamic
> quality, not social custom. Social custom, biological death, and
> "intellectual tools" all served, what they THOUGHT was a higher more
> evolutionary goal. Why are they wrong? A better answer than: they used
> impolite social customs needs to be given. Or else I can call all thoughts
> which don't agree with mine Social, while all my thoughts are Intellectual.

The thing is, you can't call a thought social. That's like asking, how much
does the taste of chocolate weigh?

I think we have a problem with this mixing up of the intellectual and social
levels. They can't be compared, end of story. As Bo said the other post:

  The "Social Static value" of MOQ is extremely basic. It is the good
  of the many at the cost of the individual. Full stop!

He goes on:

  Kevin says that Nazism was an extremely bad idea, and it definitely
  was/is from Intellect's side. However from society's side it was no
  IDEA - a lower level does not "know" any level above itself - it was
  duty, sacrifice, honour: good social values, which - when/if
  Intellect goes to fast and looses foothold - is the next safe latch.

I think this mix-up is the cause of many contradictions that people think
they see in the MoQ. Such pseudo contradictions disappear when you get
rid of that mix-up.

        Magnus

--
"I'm so full of what is right, I can't see what is good"
				N. Peart - Rush

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com