LS The Great Lila Squad Shoot Out.

clark (clark@netsites.net)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:25:44 +0100

Lila Squad,
  This situation is approaching the point of ridiculousness. I don't want
to see a damper put on the discussions on the squad even if everybody IS
wrong except me.
  Struan, you are just like Pat Malone, an uncle of mine now dead. He too
had an abrasive manner. He could P--- you off while handing you a hundred
dollar bill. He is now dead but I think he has been reincarnated in you. If
you could just switch to a rubber mallet instead of using a sledgehammer in
your discussions I think we would all get along fine.
  I am arriving at a position which is not the same as all or most of the
rest of the squad but we are still able to discuss and even criticize each
other within the bounds of reasonable discussion.
  For instance, I think that all of the talk on the squad about the
uncertainty principle giving the boot to determinism shows a
misunderstanding of the uncertainty principle. I think that the universe is
still deterministic except that I think that deterministic disorder makes
the process so complex that the universe is effectively not deterministic.
I also think that the operation of Dynamic Quality as it operated in the
pre-sentient period (before humans) should be thoroughly threshed out and
understood before we take up the question of human value and morality. I
think that the human position in the universe demands that some biological
concerns be placed ahead of perceived human concerns. I don't think that
there is a conflict, I just think that the mass of humanity does not
realize what is ultimately in their best interests.
  I could go on but this is by way of demonstrating that I can still
participate in squad discussions and be an accepted member despite my
contrary views.
  I don't think that any of us is in possession of the final answer. We are
all on our separate paths. Witness Bo and Doug's differences.

Bo, I know how passionate you feel about the Metaphysics of Quality, and I
know the amount of time and study and thought you have put into it but when
one gets our ages passions cool and we can show forbearance toward the
younger ones whose passions are more immediate and urgent. I can still
remember when I knew everything.
  Even if it does not ultimately answer all of our questions I think that
the MOQ can help to make us more comfortable in the situation that we are
caught in without a reasonable recourse.
  Struan, for my part I wish you would reconsider and rejoin the squad.
Maybe this time you could use a rubber mallet instead of a sledgehammer
:+). Ken

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com