LS Re: Shell shocked

Bodvar Skutvik (skutvik@online.no)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:54:04 +0100

Fri, 27 Mar 1998 19:10:49 +0100
Gunn Era" wrote:

> > From: clark <clark@netsites.net>
> > Squad,
> > The silence here is deafening. Am I going to have to attack the MOQ to
> > get the conversation going again? I hope the squad is not shell shocked.
> > Ken

> Yes, I'm a bit shell-shocked, joining the LS in the middle of the"battle",
> I haven't quite got the grasp on what happened. Neither I am very used to
> expressing my "philosophical" thoughts in writing, and especially not in
> english. But I'll hang in and hope to learn more as time goes by.
> Gunn Era

Hello Gunn
We may as well keep our conversation open. About Pirsig's Norwegian
translator Knut Johansen. We exchanged a few letters around the time
when he worked on the ZMM, but he was almost finished and into
another book (Gould's "The Flamingo's Smile"), so even if he was
taken in by Pirsig's life, he was not very Quality orientated really,
but I'll inform him of TLS.

I also exchanged a couple of letters with Tor Nørretranders and
suggested the Quality solution but he too was more occupied with
the wonderful riddles he could write about than ending them (have you
ever heard of a scholastic wanting to get rid of "crystal
spheres" or "angels on pinheads"?) I believe TN is a
"Autopoet". The conference that Pirsig attended to in Belgium
was under its auspices, and so was the one in Copenhagen in 1995.

Has anyone heard about it? HUGO you mentioned one Bruce Buchanan,
isn't he an autopoetician. And the Wilson you spoke about who almost
had you under his spell :-)? There is an Autopoesis Manifest on the
Net. To me it sounds like a Quality idea that hasn't quite made it.
And ANTHONY! isn't our common B.H. an autopoetician turned Quality?

Over to you GUNN ERA again The most needed thing now on the LS
is a proceedings paper; a summary of what has been discussed and
agreements reached. I think you would have benefited from such a
resumè.

See you.

Bo

--