LS : Newcomer

Mary Wittler (Mary.Wittler.mwittler@nt.com)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:55:00 +0100

Hi one and all!

I've been lurking for a while now and have finally decided to plunge in.
Please forgive my ignorance, but I would like to hear the MOQ response to
the following questions:

1) If F=ma is not an 'absolute' truth, yet we all still experience gravity,
then what is true? Is it that F=ma is a shorthand acknowledgement of the
high probability of its occurrence?

2) If the Universe runs on probability, is it really necessary to apply the
constuct of MOQ to it? Why can't the idea of probability stand alone? Is
something more moral if it is more probable?

3) Where is the evidence for a moral engine operating in the Universe?

I await enlightenment. Feel free to shake up my world view!

Regards,

Mary Wittler
mwittler@nortel.com

--