LS The Dynamic Static split.

clark (clark@netsites.net)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:20:39 +0100

Anthony,
  I just got back from Texas yesterday where they are holding my daughter
hostage and I just now got around to giving your post on Whitehead and
pan-experientialism a close reading.
  Thank you for giving me a peg on which to hang my heretofore vague
thoughts about giving the MOQ an explanation as opposed to a belief. I have
always been literal minded and had trouble accepting a belief as opposed to
an explanation for the things that puzzle me. And many things do.
  I have been convinced that there is a "force" that has operated
continuously from the beginning through the present that drives the
universe toward greater information content but have been unable to give a
convincing argument for it to my, or anyone else's satisfaction. Whiteheads
Pan-experientialism and the concept of relational events will help
tremendously.
  If I have read Whitehead in the past I can't remember it but rest assured
that I will read him shortly. His ideas do seem to parallel Pirsig's MOQ
pretty closely. Again, thank you for a most interesting post and for
showing me a path to take. Ken Clark