LS Re: Explain the Dynamic-Static split

Platt Holden (pholden@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:08:15 +0100

Hi Horse and LS:

Horse wrote:

> So if you want to be more accurate with your definition of the
> DQ/SQ split maybe it should read:
>
> "DQ is change for freedom. SQ is STABILITY for order. Both are
> values.
> Neither can survive without the other."

Yes, I like "stability" better than "permanence," not necessarily for the
reasons you cite but because Pirsig himself uses "stability" quite often to
characterize SQ.

As for the rest of your post of July 6, we're so far apart in our thinking
that there's no point in trying to find common ground. When you exclude
statements about reality from reality and throw logic to the winds, I can
find no foothold on which to base a response.

Platt